We are Kiko Homes Limited ("we", "our", "us"), a company registered in England and Wales with company number 12232952 and operating under the name of Kiko.
We're registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office under number ZA637739.
If you have any questions about your personal information please contact us by emailing us at [email protected], or by writing to us at The Leeming Building, Vicar Lane, Leeds, England, LS2 7JF.
Information you give us
You may provide us with your personal information when:
- using the Platform (for example, if you create an account with us);
- you request additional information about our business or ask us to contact you;
- we provide our services to you and/or enter into transactions with you; or
- you send any other information about you to us.
The categories of personal information you provide may include your:
- Contact details (such as phone number and email address);
- Preferences (for example, if you are a tenant, in relation to the properties you are searching for);
- Property details (if you are a landlord);
- Employment details (such as your job title);
- Salary information;
- Bank account details.
We collect, store and use information about your visits to the Platform, and about your computer, tablet, mobile or other device through which you access the Platform. This includes the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider, device identifier, mobile network, your login information, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, preferred language, activities, operating system and platform, and geographical location; and
- information about your visits and use of the website and mobile app, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website, pages you viewed and searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, referral source/exit pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), date and time pages are accessed, and website navigation and search terms used.
We may also collect information about you from social networks or online accounts, including any accounts that you share with us.
As data controller, we will only use your personal information if we have a legal basis for doing so. The purposes for which we use and process your information and the legal basis on which we carry out each type of processing is explained below.
- To provide you with the services you have requested.
Lawful basis: such processing is required in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
- To help us maintain your account (including resolving any technical issues) and track, analyse and improve the services we give you and other customers.
Lawful basis: it is in our legitimate interests to continually monitor and improve our services and your experience of the Platform.
- To search your record at immigration and fraud prevention agencies.
Lawful basis: it is in our legitimate interests to carry out such checks to ensure prevention against fraud and other harmful activity and that the Platform is safe and secure.
- To prevent illegal activities like money laundering, tax evasion and fraud.
Lawful basis: compliance with law.
- To market products and services (generally in app). We may market and communicate our products and services and those of affiliated partners where we think these will be of interest to you by email. You can always unsubscribe from receiving these if you want to, by email and via the app.
Lawful basis: consent (where this is required under data protection laws). If consent is not required, such processing is in our legitimate interests to generate and develop business.
o manage payments, fees and charges and collect and recover money owed to us;
o communicate any billing issues with you; and
o enforce any contracts entered into with you.
Lawful basis: it is in our legitimate interests to process your personal information in this way in order to perform or enforce our contract with you.
- To send you information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and other administrative information such as reminders, technical notices, updates and security alerts.
Lawful basis: it is in our legitimate interests to ensure that any changes to our policies, terms and other such technical updates are communicated to you.
We may share your personal information with:
- Anyone who works for us when they need it to do their job.
- [If you are a tenant, the owner of the property you are renting and vice versa.]
- Any organisation which supports any of our services you use, when they need it to allow us to offer those services. That includes:
o Analytical, Know Your Customer (KYC) and cyber security service providers.
o Customer 'interface' providers (like the ones who manage our in-app chat service).
o Other third party IT service providers we rely on.
- Companies that do advertising for us (but we won't share identifiable personal data with third parties for their own direct marketing unless you give us permission, and you can opt out any time).
- Our professional advisers including lawyers, auditors and insurers.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- Certain authorities that detect and prevent terrorism (including authorities outside the UK if one of your payments is processed through a worldwide payment system).
- Other regulators, where we are under a legal obligation or have a legitimate interest to do so.
- Anyone who you give us explicit permission to share it with.
We'll also share it to comply with the law; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or others.
We keep your data as long as you're using Kiko, and for 6 years after that to comply with the law. In some circumstances, like cases of anti-money laundering or fraud, we may keep data longer if we need to (for example, if we believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you) and/or the law says we have to.
You have a right to:
- Access the personal data we hold about you, or to get a copy of it.
- Request that we correct any inaccurate data we hold about you.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another data controller.
- Request the erasure of your personal information.
- Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object to us:
o using your data for direct marketing; and
o carrying out processing on the basis of our 'legitimate interests'.
- Withdraw any consent you've previously given us.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute and we may be entitled to refuse requests, wholly or partly, where exceptions under applicable law apply.
For example, we may refuse a request for erasure of personal information where the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
To exercise your rights, please contact us through the app or by emailing [email protected]
Where we have reasonable doubts concerning the identity of the person making the request, we may request additional information necessary to confirm your identity.
Where we collect personal information from you, it may be necessary for us to transfer your personal information outside of the UK or the European Economic Area ("EEA") to our service providers and business partners located outside the UK or the EEA.
Where personal information is transferred to and stored in a country not determined by the European Commission as providing adequate levels of protection for personal information, we take steps to provide appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information, including entering into standard contractual clauses approved by the UK or the European Commission, obliging recipients to protect your personal information.
If you would like further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information outside of the UK or the EEA, please contact us using the details set out in the "Contact Us" section above.
If you have a complaint, please contact us through the app or by emailing [email protected] and we'll do our best to fix the problem.
You also have the right to complain to the UK Information Commissioner's Office (https://ico.org.uk/). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
The Platform is not intended for or directed at children under the age of 18 years and we do not knowingly collect information relating to children under this age.
The Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our business partners, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.